Real talk? You deserve to dress to your own comfort level all the time, and especially during an intimate portrait session. I don’t want you to hear the word “boudoir” and immediately think you have to find the sexiest lingerie in the world. If that’s not you…don’t do it. This self love experience is about expressing yourself. Holding space for the most authentic YOU. Even down to the lingerie you choose (or the non-lingerie options!)
Discovering your power and feeling true to yourself starts with freedom in how you dress your body.
Lingerie is a popular option for a lot of clients, but there are so many non-lingerie options during your session too. The list is really endless, but since I see so many people in my studio as a Virginia boudoir photographer – I wanted to give some inspo!
Here’s a list of non-lingerie ideas to get you inspired:
- Jeans and a top are a casual and comfortable option. Lauren (who’s photos we are featuring today!) chose this option with some loose-fitting jeans and a Calvin Klein set. This is an easy way to show your style in the kind of jeans you choose. You can pair them with a bralette, a comfy camisole, or even your favorite t-shirt. If jeans don’t feel true to you, denim shorts could be swapped out, or even joggers!
- Another option, and popular choice, is a comfy sweater with sexy underwear like in this session. A chunky, cropped sweater would be a great choice and can be styled with many different poses.
- A robe can be a very sensual choice and allow you to reveal the parts of yourself at your own pace. There are so many ways to pose with it to showcase your body in a way that feels true to you.
- If you’re looking for something more revealing, a tulle skirt over a body suit might be for you. The skirt offers a little more coverage if that’s your thing, and there are endless combinations you can create with different bodysuits.
- Another very sexy choice is an oversized button down or boyfriend-style tee. This anonymous session is the perfect example of adding an oversized shirt to your look. If you are nervous about posing, having a prop like this can also help you to feel more comfortable during our session.
I invite all my clients to wear whatever makes them the most comfortable for an intimate portrait session. Our time together is allll about capturing you in ways that feel aligned with who you are. An important part of that is dressing your body in ways that feel authentic. You have so many choices about how to find empowerment in my studio, and I would love to help you find a new expression of yourself. Whether that is wearing non-lingerie options or opting for more traditional boudoir looks. Remember: the focus is always YOU!